Tuesday, September 22, 2015

9/22/2015 (Love Letter Project)

Dear Spouse of a traveling welder,
            Every day you will think your life is going to be so hard being a wife/gf of a welder. But it does get easy. Every day I miss my welder, I don’t get to hug him every night or kiss him when I want. Having a traveling spouse is the hardest thing I think I have ever done. I then think I am lucky not only is he gone providing for me but he’s providing for our future together as a family. The first week will be the hardest; you will go from saying good night to each other and kissing to having to say good night over the phone. Nights are the hardest as well; I would recommend getting a body pillow so you have something to hold at night. But even after the pain of him being gone, brings the joy as soon as he comes back. That moment will be the greatest thing ever. I remember the first time my welder left he was gone for a whole month. I didn’t get to see him and we only talked at night when we were both off work. Since he had to be up early our longest conversation was 45 minutes. It felt like I had lost my best friend and my whole world. He being gone not only grew us as individuals but it grew our relationship better then what it had been. I will never forget that feeling of him telling me he was headed home; I just couldn’t wait for him to be back in my arms. I was so nervous when I met him at the airport; it was like I was going on a date for the first time. Finally during this whole process I will recommend staying strong and try to keep your mind off it. Try to spend as much time with friends and family if you can, I didn’t do that and became very depressed. Just remember he is always coming back!

Sincerely,

A Spouse of a traveling welder.

No comments:

Post a Comment