Sunday, September 20, 2015

9/20/2015 (What a funeral does)

You really don’t know who someone is, until something major happens. A true person comes out when someone passes away. Which becomes a very sad situation and I have been front view of it all. I always herd that people get greedy when someone dies but I never thought it would be true. My boyfriend’s dad passed away in July of this year and since Austin was the next of kin he became in charge of everything. Loyd wasn’t married but did have a long term relationship with a lady name Pam. Since the death was so sudden there was nothing planned not even a Will. Don’t quote me on this but by law I was told that anything not in a Will should go through probate. Since Austin was the next of kin his name took place on everything that had his name on it. The house, land and his truck is to name of few, but since Pam and Loyd were together for a long time her name was on half of those things as well. So this is when the greedy part takes in, not only was his whole life insurance left to her but now she is trying to go behind Austin’s back and selling everything and she didn’t even want to help with funeral expenses. By law she can’t but she is going to try, like I said before everything has to go to court. It really saddens me though, when Loyd was alive she was so nice and would do anything for Austin and his sister. But now she wants nothing to do with them and is going behind their backs screwing them over. I just can’t understand why someone would do that to two people that have just lost their dad. They want his things because of memories, and she wants them because of money. Now I understand why people say families and others become greedy when someone dies.

No comments:

Post a Comment