Friday, September 18, 2015

9/18/2015 (Ranting Blogger)

We were told to write whatever we would like for a blog because it would be like our journal for this class. I am very glad I was given this opportunity, because if I didn’t have to write a blog every day I probably wouldn’t have gotten a lot of things out that bother me. I have been using writing prompts and giving my idea on them. But this blog I just felt I needed to get it out and to express my feelings in writing. First of all my boyfriend and I have planned a weekend getaway for our three year anniversary. I spent two weeks planning this trip and finding things we could do while we were gone. We both decided on Oklahoma City since neither of us have been there. I was so excited and when I went to book our stay in the best hotel I could find in our price range, I was told we had to be 21 to check in. We could be any age to book the room but 21 to actually check in and stay. I then began calling a bunch of other hotels and they were all the same. I broke down and called Super 8 which is a nice hotel but we wanted something fancier since it was a special occasion. They told me that in Oklahoma it is state law at any hotel you must be 21 to check in. After that phone call I became very angry, I had spent so much time to plan something and now it’s being thrown away. Let me note that Austin and I are both 20 and will be 21 in less than 4 months and they wouldn’t make an exceptions. Just doesn’t make sense to me because legally you are an adult at 18, so why would you have to be 21 to check in? Another again that has me upset it planning events. It really makes me mad when I am told about something the day before it occurs and is expected to show. If I don’t show up then everyone is mad at me and gives me the cold shoulder, then I have to listen to it from my parents. For example my mom told me today that we are doing something for my grandma’s birthday tomorrow. (Saturday). I have had plans for over a week now and all of a sudden I am required to drop those and go to a lunch or dinner for my grandma. Yes, that probably would be the right thing to do but I can’t always cancel my plans because of a late plan being made. Not only is it rude if I cancel my plans but it’s also rude if I don’t show up for the birthday. It just really upsets me with the situations I am being put in at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment