Wednesday, September 16, 2015

9/16/2015 (Highschool and College)

All your life you are prepared for college. High school was to prepare you the most for college. In high school I always did my work and had to study for everything. All my classes were really hard and I never understood most of them. I didn’t work during high school so I had time to do homework, study and hang with friends. I thought high school was the hardest time and I couldn’t imagine what college was going to be like. Our teachers always pushed in our heads what we were doing now will prepare us for college. Which I always thought wasn’t true, they just said that so we would do our work. On my first day of college I was so nervous, for four years I was prepared for this moment so I shouldn’t have been worried. All my high school teachers said college would be the hardest time of my life. I thought they were all crazy, my first semester was easy. I never had homework, didn’t really study and I was still passing all my classes. In high school I couldn’t pass anything without spending hours of studying. I even had time to spend with my family and friends. Now that I have been in college for more than one semester I know what my teachers were talking about. I now have to study a lot and make sure I do my homework. I work full time now and do online classes so most of my time is either at work or doing my school work. I never have time with my family or friends and I think that is the hardest part about it. I don’t even have time to get laundry done with how my work schedule is. I go to work, get home late and stay up till 2 or 3 in the morning doing my work. I can say growing up sucks. I would love to go back to high school and have no responsibilities. At the time I hated high school and just wanted it to be over. I guess what people always say “you can’t have your cake and eat it too.”

No comments:

Post a Comment