Monday, September 14, 2015

9/14/2015 (Childhood Memory)

I have a lot of childhood memories, and could probably spend all day talking about them. But my favorite memory is the one day I went to work with my dad. My dad use to work for my grandpa selling office supplies, so he would travel all over the local area. Most of the summer I would spend time traveling around with him. One day we went to Stockton to make a few stops and deliver a couple of things. It was very hot that day so we decided to eat lunch then go to the lake. We ate at a very small Mexican restaurant that was really good. Some days I wish it was still open so we could go back. While there on their TV was Ice Age, so not only did we eat good food I got to enjoy a good movie. After lunch we went to Stockton Lake, I was playing around and ended up falling into the water. Since I was already wet my dad let me enjoy the water and said I could keep swimming. We nearly spent all afternoon at the lake with me swimming and my dad enjoying my time. Finally, it was time to go and finish up my dad’s stops he had for the day. We never planned on swimming so I didn’t have any spare clothes. My dad ended up wrapping me in a blanket he had and hung my clothes out the window to dry. I thought it was the funniest thing ever! I had a blast that day with my dad and it’s something I will forever remember. Not only was it nice spending time with my dad, but I got to swim and we help my clothes out the window to dry. I will always cherish those moments, and the memories my dad and I made.

1 comment:

  1. Nicely written. I used go to work with my father. It's these times that are so special. ~Ms .A.

    ReplyDelete