Monday, September 14, 2015

Know Your Audience

The Know Your Audience post I thought would be very easy, but after taking sometime it was kind of hard not to come up with a question that had been used. With the questions that were asked though, really helped I figure out who our audience was this semester when it came to our writing. I came up with two conclusions on who our audience is, by doing that I went through a few steps. I first wrote down each question on a piece of paper, then I looked at each one to figure out what each question had in common. I then realized our audience is going to be personal and curious. More than half of the people that wrote questions, seemed to be curious as to what will happen in the future or what we are wanting to happen in the future. Writing to a curious audience is very beneficial because once you get them hooked to the reading it is hard for them to stop. What you have to do though is get that initial hook and they will read the whole thing. I really expected the audience to be curious because if you think about it, who isn’t? I also found out from the asked questions that our audience will be personal. There were a lot of questions asking things like they were wanting to get to know each other. It really surprised me that the audience was personal, but then I thought a personal audience could be fun. You can draw them in and make them feel the same as you do. You can make them have emotion to your writing. A curious person that is also personal I think is the best writing audience. This project really opened my eyes and helped me figure out who I will be writing to this semester.

1 comment:

  1. Good analysis. I think you are right...we are all quite curious. What else did you discover about us? ~Ms A.

    ReplyDelete