Friday, September 11, 2015

9/11/2015 (Where were you when the world Stopped Turning?)

Where were you when the World Stopped Turning?”

September 11th was just another day for Americans, but in 2001 September 11th is a day no one will ever forget. September 11th was the most horrifying and traumatic day for many people. I remember that day, I was six years old and in the first grade Mrs. Clark was my teacher. My dad had taken me to school that morning because I begged him not to make me ride the bus. When I got into class all the teachers were trying not to cry so we wouldn’t be scared or concerned at such a young age. Our school was put on lockdown for an hour and we had on every TV watching the news. Since I was so young I didn’t really understand what was going on, all I knew was that it was terrible. I just couldn’t believe that two planes crashed into the Twin Towers in New York. I just couldn’t understand why someone would want to do that and hurt many Americans. Many lives were lost that day and there were so many people risking their life to save others. That day really opened our view on things, like there were people who hated us and wanted to ruin America. Looking back now even though at that time I was so young and didn’t really know what was going on, it’s kind of incredible knowing you lived through a major event. That may sound bad but being able to share it with your kids or even grandkids like my grandfather did to me with Pearl Harbor is just amazing. Every year since, all flags go half-staff and many take time for remembrance. There is no a memorial in New York where the towers once stood that has all the names of people who lost their lives that day. Even though we are a big country, everyone became one and we did all we could to help with that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment